Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Restaurant



Pho is a famous Vietnamese noodle soup. It is a clear, herb flavoured beef stock, with flat rice noodle and often top with very thin slices of cooked or raw beef.
It's very addictive, and we often gallop down bowls after bowls during cold wintery night. Tonight however, we decided to have pho even though winter is still months away, mainly because one of my friend, who just return from Hanoi, tempt me with her photos, showing delicious, mouth watering pho. Also, I'm down with flu, and by galloping these hearty, herby soup is a great way to warm me up!

An in Bankstown is famous for their Pho. As a matter of facts, they only serve pho, either beef or chicken. There were at least 10 different types of topping for beef pho and a few for chicken,which were all listed on a big, red board, hanging on the wall.



Vietnamese Mint and Bean Sprouts

The restaurant was very basic and practical. Simple yet very modern. The only down side of An is the attitude of their waiters. On our previous 2 visit, they were a bit rude and show no patience towards us. I remember there was a time when my soup was luke warm, and I ask him to sent it back to reheat for me, and he give me this dark look, and ask me to remind him next time that I wanted my soup very very warm when he took my order. Another time, when we pour the soy sauce directly onto the bowl of chillies, he was clearly not happy. But there were only a few chillies in the bowl, and he should have give us a separate small bowl too if he doesn't want us to "contaminate" his chillies!!

This time round, it's still the same. We were given a table for 2 upon arrival, and the waiter was ready already asking for our order, before we even sit down and look up the big red board on the wall!! I ordered 1 medium and 1 large combination beef pho, and repeatedly reminded him that I wanted my soup really really warm.

Despite that, their service is truly on the fast side. Minutes after ordering, the plate of complimentary Vietnamese mint and bean sprouts arrived, followed by our big bowls of pho.


Combination Beef Pho Medium $12

We repeatedly return to An is all because of their soup. It's so much flavoursome than many of the pho soups that we've tried. Even with my block nose, I can smell and taste the strong herby flavour of the soup. The temperature of my soup this time round, is perfect. Pairing it with the flaky soft beef and slippery rice noodle, that is why,
I shall return,
even though their price is on the high side,
even though their waiter is the impatience kind,
because their pho raise me to cloud 9.



An Restaurant
27 Greenfield Parade
Bankstown

1 comment:

  1. $12 for a Pho, my God thats expensive!!! I just found out that you have 3 blogs. and you can maintain it all at the same time, impressive!

    ReplyDelete