Friday, February 27, 2009

Sushi Bar Makoto



Everyone know, I'm a big sushi lover! I'll travel for good sushi, I'll pay for fresh sushi, I'll photograph creative sushi, I'll stand in the rain and queue for a perfect sushi, I'll gain weight for special sushi, but, I'll also loose my temper over bad sushi!! I've tried a lot of sushi in Sydney CBD and surround, but nothing can beat the sushi at Makoto. Their sushi is always fresh, and the chef is also very creative and there are always new sushi, new flavours everytime we visit. The only downside to dine in Makoto is that I always come home heavier and my wallet, lighter!

I'm still waiting for one day, there will be a thing call all you can eat sushi train! ( I've tried the all you can eat Japanese buffet at Yutaka, but sushi is not a main theme there, and i haven't return since! )

In Makoto, the price of each sushi is according to the colour of the plate, it's very standard sushi train style. We discover that most of the colour plates circling around the conveyor belt were blue and red. More exotic sushi will be placed on a black colour plate, and more simple one will be place on the cheaper colour plate ( light yellow ). A La Carte and handroll menu also available.



We almost always have to queue for at least 10 mins before there are seats available. ( Sydney siders do know their sushi! ). During winter time, there are also free hot green teas available for us, who queue outside the bar waiting to be seated. Just for the records, the longest we've been waiting on queue is about 30 mins! But it's well worth it, and I'll let the pics do all the talking!


Squid Roll stuff with rice


Fried Fish of the day ( Kisu )


Takoyaki ( Octopus Ball )



Grilled Salmon



Abalone Ship


Handroll : Omelet of Scallop


Handroll : Tasmania ( Salmon, Salmon Roe, Scallop )


Handroll: Chicken Teriyaki


Salmon Lover


Dolphin Roll ( Tuna sushi top with prawn )


Seaweed Ship


Unagi ( Sweet bean curd skin with rice )


Mackerel


Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab in Vinaigrette


Squid with roe


Rainbow Roll ( Vegetarian roll of beetroots, carrots, pickles, cucumber and flakes of seaweed )



Ark Shell


Grilled Cheese Chicken Roll


Salmon Kara age


Greentea Cheesecake


Greentea Mousse


Duo of Ice-cream ( Greentea and Black Sesame )

Makoto Sushi Bar

119 Liverpool Street (Cnr, Pitt & Liverpool St.)Sydney 2000

Opening Time:Monday to Friday: (Lunch) 11:30-14:30, (Dinner) 17:30-22:00

Saturday&Sunday: (Lunch) 12:00-15:00, (Dinner) 17:30-22:00

No comments:

Post a Comment